Emmanuel BACH violin with Jenny STERN piano
Monday 10 February 2020 19:30
Brahms - Sonata No. 1 in G, Op. 78
Britten - 3 Pieces, from Op. 6
Tchaikovsky - Souvenir d’un lieu cher (memory of a dear place)
Wieniawski - Polonaise No. 2 in A major, Op. 23
Every season we try and make room for a promising young performer at the start of their career. Emmanuel Bach is one such. Having won the Royal Over-Seas League String Competition 2018 he is gaining increasing recognition as a virtuoso soloist and chamber musician.
With South African-born pianist Jenny Stern, he will be performing an exciting and varied programme including Mozart’s remarkable sonata composed for the flamboyant 21-year old virtuoso violinist Regina Strinasacchi and Tchaikovsky’s contrasting and meditative “memory of a dear place”.
Your comfort and safety are our top priority and so we are introducing best practice concert management features this season to help us all look out for each other:
- Tickets only by advance booking on website or from The Little Ripon Bookshop Tel 01765 606689.
- 1 metre social distancing when circulating or queuing and between seating.
- Hand sanitising on entry.
- Face covering is mandatory.
- Concert programme free of charge for everyone.
- Ushers will guide you to your seat.
- Seat bubbles of 1 or 2 people.
- No mingling during short interval / toilet break.
- No refreshments.
- Controlled exit from the church at the end of the concert.
- Please do not attend if you feel at all unwell (Covid symptoms are often very non specific.
- If you have not had both vaccinations, we expect you to have a negative lateral flow test on the day of the concert
We hope that these measures will give you peace of mind to further your enjoyment of wonderful music making.
Ripon Concerts is the trading name of the Cathedral Concert Society
Registered Charity No. 1163277
© 2022 Cathedral Concert Society