The Next Concert:
Monday 06 December 2021 19:30
Holy Trinity Church, Ripon
The December concert really is something different and has a Latin American flavour. The ensemble Classico Latino features violinist Harriet Mackenzie whom many will know from her Kosmos trio.
Classico Latino was born in 1998 following a chance encounter between Columbian pianist Ivan Guevara and English cellist Graham Walker. Ever since, the group has developed it’s uniquely powerful blend of Classical finesse and Latino flair, entertaining audiences from Ronnie Scott’s jazz club in London to the foothills of the Columbian Andes
"a unique fusion of Latin and Classical with beautiful musicality" UK Latin Awards
You can download and read the concert programme by clicking here.
How to purchase tickets
Tickets may be purchased on-line with a debit or credit card by clicking on the tab below which will take you to our PayPal account.
Adults £20 per head
Students £5 per head.
Or in person or over the telephone from the Little Ripon Bookshop, 13 Westgate, Ripon HG4 2AT, Tel: 01765 606689.
The number of individual tickets available for purchase may be limited due to uncertainties about the seating capacity in Holy Trinity Church to ensure appropriate social distancing.
Buy Individual Tickets Online
Members are constitutionally important to maintain our charity status, and financially to enable the continuing success of our concerts. Members are able to subscribe to the concert series at very advantageous rates.
|Single membership||£10 per head|
|Joint with partner||£18 joint|
Note: Only members are entitled to purchase a subscription to the series. Others may purchase individual tickets to each concert at the full price
|Single subscription for the rest of the 2021/22 concert series||£60 per head (members only)|
|Joint subscription with partner for the rest of the 2021/22 concert series||£110 joint (members only)|
If you would prefer to pay by cheque or by bank transfer, please download the Membership and subscription Form.
Make a Donation
We are very grateful to the many members who have been so generous in making donations to support Ripon Concert's programme of music. We realise that this is a big ask but we are faced with additional challenges from having to limit the number of people able to come due to the current Covid-19 restrictions.
Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate
By selecting this option you confirm that:
- You want to Gift Aid your donation to Cathedral Concert Society.
- You are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
Please notify the charity if you:
- want to cancel this declaration.
- change your name or home address.
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
|Gift Aid Donation to Ripon Concerts|
|Non-Gift Aided Donation to Ripon Concerts|
Your comfort and safety are our top priority and so we are introducing best practice concert management features this season to help us all look out for each other:
- Tickets only by advance booking on website or from The Little Ripon Bookshop Tel 01765 606689.
- 1 metre social distancing when circulating or queuing and between seating.
- Hand sanitising on entry.
- Face covering when moving around the church and preferred but optional when seated.
- Concert programme free of charge for everyone.
- Ushers will guide you to your seat.
- Seat bubbles of 1 or 2 people.
- No mingling during short interval / toilet break.
- No refreshments.
- Controlled exit from the church at the end of the concert.
- Please do not attend if you feel at all unwell (Covid symptoms are often very non specific.
- If you have not had both vaccinations, we expect you to have a negative lateral flow test on the day of the concert
We hope that these measures will give you peace of mind to further your enjoyment of wonderful music making.
About Ripon Concerts
Ripon Concerts was founded in 1993 as the Cathedral Concert Society and is a Registered Charity. The Society:
- Promotes appreciation of music by presenting high quality live chamber music.
- Advances musical education by allowing free or subsidised entry to minors and their families.
In normal times the six concerts in our season give the opportunity for members and ticket buyers to experience high quality live chamber music. For some people, this is a first-time experience and even seasoned concert goers enjoy hearing unfamiliar repertoire and new compositions. We not only engage experienced and acclaimed musicians but also encourage local and younger performers. Young people attend concerts at heavily discounted prices and children of school age attend free of charge.
Ripon Concerts is the trading name of the Cathedral Concert Society
Registered Charity No. 1163277
© 2021 Cathedral Concert Society